Stress, anxiety, and depression has become a more talked about topic and thus creating some treatment options such as CBD oil. But some people are not quite on board with the idea of CBD. This is where Gaba comes in as a nice alternative.
Let’s touch base with what it is exactly. Gaba is one of those supplements that many people are not entirely familiar with. Gaba is produced naturally in our body. It functions as a neurotransmitter, facilitating communication among brain cells. Gaba’s big role is to reduce the activity of neurons in the brain and central nervous system, which as a result has a broad range of effects on the body and mind. Some of these effects include increased relaxation, reduced stress, a more calm and balanced mood, and a boost in sleep.
WHERE TO FIND NATURAL GABA:
Gaba is naturally found in a variety of green, black, and oolong tea, as well as fermented foods including yogurt. Other foods that contain Gaba or may boost its production in the body are the following but not limited to:
- Whole grain
- Sunflower seeds
Gaba is also available as a supplement.
BENEFITS OF GABA:
Optimal levels of Gaba in the body can do the following:
- May reduce symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.
- May help reduce high blood pressure. Studies show a decrease in blood pressure in those using a Gaba supplement versus those who are not and do not have optimal levels in their body.
- May suppress appetite.
- Helpful for some cases of depression.
- May aid in insomnia and other sleep disorders. Gaba enables the body and mind to relax and fall asleep, and to sleep soundly through the night.
- May reduce symptoms of chronic stress and anxiety. With Gaba’s primary role being to quiet down those neurons in the brain and central nervous system, this promotes an environment for the body to be in a greater state of relaxation and alleviates stress and anxiety.
Furthermore, low Gaba levels have been found in and linked to those with panic/anxiety disorders, depression, alcoholism, and bipolar disorders.
POSSIBLE CAUSES OF GABA DEFICIENCY:
- Inadequate diet
- Prolonged stress
An inadequate Gaba response may lead to an extended state of excitement and electrical stimulation in the brain. Gaba deficiency can be linked to anxiety disorders such as panic attacks, seizure disorders, and numerous other conditions including addiction, headaches, and cognitive impairment. Without optimal levels and functioning, there can be an overload of activity going on in the brain.
Needless to say, Gaba is a very important component in our body that does not get enough topic of conversations. There’s no need to live with stress, anxiety, depression, etc. Instead, we can help treat those symptoms with remedies that are naturally found in the body and ensuring optimal levels and functioning. HERE DR. EDGERTONS PICK FOR GABA SUPPLEMENTATION – CLICK HERE
For more information, please contact Premier Health and Wellness by visiting the site or by contacting the staff at (512) 459-4405.