Keeping our bodies and minds healthy is the most talked about topic these days. More and more studies are coming out about various products and regimens that are very beneficial to our bodies. One of these includes the spice turmeric, a golden spice that has been used to treat inflammation, bacterial infections, and digestive issues. I know what you are thinking, one little ingredient can’t have that many benefits.
- Turmeric contains the compound curcumin. Studies show that curcumin has the potential to ease depression and help antidepressants work better.
- That same compound curcumin also helps to fight inflammation and keep blood sugar levels steady. With that being said, it could be used to prevent or even help treat Type ll diabetes.
- Turmeric has been known as the “magical herb” for its anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antioxidant properties. It helps you better fight off common viral infections such as flu and colds.
- Helps relieve PMS symptoms and menstrual cramps.
- Studies have shown turmeric to help lower cholesterol levels and lower the chances of heart disease.
- With its anti-inflammatory properties, this spice has also shown to ease joint pain and stiffness; especially helps those who suffer from arthritis pain.
- In labs and some animal studies, turmeric has stopped the growth of tumor cells and helped detoxifying enzymes work better. In these studies, they also found that it contributes to the death of cancerous cells. In other words, this little spice can potentially help fight off cancer!
- Turmeric has attracted some attention for it healing properties and potential to reduce symptoms of IBS, such as abdominal pain, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Can manage and alleviate headaches and migraines.
- Also, with its anti-inflammatory properties, a turmeric face mask can help reduce acne and any resulting scars. It can target your pores and calm the skin.
- Boosts brain function and lower the risk of brain diseases, including Alzheimer’s. Curcumin has been tested in older people and found to improve attention and working memory in adults without dementia.
WAYS TO INCORPORATE TURMERIC INTO YOUR DIET:
You can add turmeric powder into just about anything. Some recommendations include:
- Turmeric tea
- Add it to your eggs for a little extra flavor and a lot more health benefits.
- Add it to your favorite salad dressing.
- Season your rice for some extra spice.
- Blend it into a delicious smoothie.
The best and most effective way to get the most benefits is take a full spectrum Turmeric product. The latest research shows this is the best way to get the most bioactivity benefit of Turmeric.
Dr. Edgerton now recommends this product for Turmeric replacement.
It is never too early to start protecting yourself from future possible diseases or illnesses. With turmeric, not only are you improving your body for the possibilities that come with older age, but you are also using it as an alternative to alleviate any symptoms listed above.
If you have any questions or want more information on other health benefits contact Premier Health and Wellness by visiting the site or contacting the staff at (512) 459-4405 for more information.