Colon cleansing is a very important aspect of our health as well. Having regular daily bowel movements is a form of colon cleansing. The purpose of an augmented cleanse is to flush out built-up waste in the colon, helping your body perform better. Colon cleanses have multiple health benefits including removing toxins, treating constipation, and more we will discuss later.
HOW COLON CLEANSES WORK:
Colon cleanses work by pushing water through the colon to loosen and remove leftover waste. Your colon is responsible for eliminating stool from your body and the unused nutrients that go along with it. There are many different kinds of colon cleanses and detoxes.
There are many different benefits that a colon cleanse has to offer. Possible benefits include:
- Increasing energy.
- Removing toxins.
- Improving liver function.
- Boosting the immune system.
- Aiding weight loss.
- Relieving bloating, cramps, and gas.
- Reducing the risk of colon cancer.
- Improving mood.
TYPES OF COLON CLEANSES:
There are many different ways to do a colon cleanse. Some are full-on procedures and at-home cleanses, such as enemas, colonics, and laxatives– but there are also very simple everyday ways to cleanse and stay healthy.
- Using water is one of the easiest and safest ways to cleanse the colon naturally. A person who is dehydrated will have fewer bowel movements because their body is trying to retain water. It will reabsorb water from the bowel, which results in stool becoming dry and hard to pass.
- Fruit and vegetable juice. Raw fruit and vegetable juices contain many elements that may help cleanse the colon, including fiber and natural sugars that act as laxatives. Good juice cleanses include the following types of juice: apple, prune, pear, banana, kiwi, grape, and lemon.
- Fiber adds bulk to stool, which reduces the time it spends sitting in the colon and increases the number of bowel movements. Natural foods that contain fiber include: nuts, beans, berries, whole grains.
- Colon health supplements can also be a great, easy. CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR COLON CLEAN SUPPLEMENT.
SAFETY AND RISKS:
As with everything that has benefits, there are always some risks involved. Some of the potential risks of overly cleansing or going to extremes include:
- Electrolyte imbalance and dehydration.
- Vomiting and nausea
- Abdominal cramps.
- Dizziness and fainting.
- Loss of healthful gut microflora and increased risk of infections.
- Bowel infection.
- Kidney damage and failure.