This year we have all realized and opened our eyes to the importance of our immune system. Taking care of our bodies and enhancing our immune system is so critical to prepare the body for whatever is to come. If you are like me, you may not have really thought about boosting your immune system. But there are in fact natural remedies and strategies in which we can give the immune system that extra boost it needs. The dynamic nature of the immune system means that all factors that affect health need to be addressed in order for it to function at peak performance.
- Viracid- includes a powerful combination of key nutrients and botanical extracts that provide immediate support for immune challenges. Viracid contains L-lysine vitamin A and C, b12, and zinc, as well as unique botanical extracts.
- Zinc- helps to activate T-cells, your lymphocytes. T-cells control and regulate immune responses and attack infected cells, when a cold is contracted for example, or cancerous cells. A zinc deficiency can severely impair immune system function.
- Turiva- offers a well-rounded blend of turmeric phytonutrients that help support normal inflammatory balance and strengthen immune reserves. This turmeric formula supports healthy breathing, cognitive function, gut and immune function.
- Vitamin D3- plays many important roles in your body, especially the immune system. Research shows that supplementing with vitamin D may protect against respiratory infections, including the coronavirus.
NATURAL STRATEGIES TO STRENGTHEN IMMUNE SYSTEM:
- Get enough sleep. Poor sleep quality is linked to a higher susceptibility to sickness. Just like we don’t function well on little sleep, the same goes for the immune system.
- Eat more whole plant foods like fruits, vegetables, and nuts. These foods are rich in nutrients and antioxidants that may give you the upper hand against harmful pathogens.
- Eat more healthy fats, like those found in olive oil and salmon. These may boost your body’s immune response to pathogens by decreasing inflammation.
- Eat more fermented foods or take a probiotic supplement. The most familiar of these foods is yogurt. Probiotics are composed of beneficial bacteria that populate in your gut. Research shows that a network of gut bacteria can help your immune cells differentiate between healthy cells and harmful invader organisms.
- Engage in moderate exercise. Exercise is obviously all-around great for us, but just the right amount can give your immune system a nice boost.
- Manage your stress levels. There may not seem like there’s a correlation here, but long-term stress can cause imbalances in immune cell function. Activities that may help manage your stress levels include meditation, exercise, yoga, journaling, etc.
The bottom line is you can make several lifestyle and dietary changes to strengthen your immune system in a natural way. While you can never prevent any sort of illness 100%, you can reinforce your body’s defenses against harmful pathogens.
For more information please contact Premier Health and Wellness by visiting the site or by contacting the staff at (512) 459-4405. Visit our online store to browse our specialized immune support products.