I am sure that most of us are familiar with the terms “vampire facial” and “oshot”. We see it all over these reality television shows. It can be super intimidating when seeing it advertised on TV, but these facials, also referred to as PRP (platelet rich plasma) facials and vaginal treatments, are so beneficial and not as scary as it appears.
WHAT IS PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP)?
Blood contains both platelets and blood cells, with platelets playing an important role in the body’s healing process. These platelets are known to help the blood clot and contain proteins that help to heal injuries. In a PRP facial, a sample of blood is drawn and concentrated down to just those platelets. By concentrating these platelets down, it can be 5 to 10 times greater/richer than usual distribution of platelets. This makes PRP treatments a popular choice for clients who are ready to quickly treat problem areas.
Benefits of PRP:
- Increases collagen production.
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Firmer, tighter skin.
- Improves moisture retention.
- Enhances skin tone and texture.
- Improved sexual and vaginal sensation (vaginal application)
- Decreased urinary leaking (vaginal application)
WHAT IS MICRONEEDLING? (face / neck / chest – only)
Microneedling is an effective anti-aging treatment using tiny, short needles that puncture the skin superficially to rebuild collagen and elastin. The needles penetrate tiny holes into the skin, creating a micro wound, to allow for ideal absorption of skincare, or PRP, and produce a tightening effect on the skin.
Benefits of Microneedling:
- Softening of stretch marks.
- Increasing skin firmness and tightness.
- Reduction of hyperpigmentation and pore size.
- Minimization of broken capillaries and spider veins.
- Improvement of skin texture and appearance of scars.
Combine the two together, microneedling and PRP absorption into that micro wound that was created, and you have a surplus of benefits. Microneedling recovery is fast and patients typically see best results in skin tone after the second or third treatment, with continued improvement in the following months.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR TREATMENT:
- You will get your blood drawn. This will be quick and easy, as we only collect 11 mL of blood. Your blood sample is then put in the centrifuge for 10 minutes to separate the PRP from the blood and concentrate it as mentioned above.
- While the blood process is going, your esthetician will apply a numbing cream to the face and let sit for about 30 minutes. Or pelvic area for the vaginal prp treatment.
- The first pass of microneedling (face only) is then done to create those micro wounds. A layer of that PRP is applied on top to be absorbed into the skin. This microneedling pass and PRP process can be done up to 3 times in one treatment. You will want to leave this PRP solution on your face for 4 hours after the treatments for optimal benefits.
- After the entire treatment is complete, some after care products will be applied and given to you.
- The time frame between treatments should be about 4-6 weeks.
For more information and pricing please contact Premier Health and Wellness by visiting the site or by contacting the staff at (512) 459-4405. CLICK HERE TO SEE THESE SPA SERVICES AND MORE!