From puberty to pregnancy to menopause, the female body goes through many changes. With everything that the woman’s body undergoes, it’s no wonder that 75 percent of women do not consistently experience orgasm, and many more suffer from embarrassing conditions, such as urinary incontinence. They may leak urine when they laugh, sneeze, or exercise. They may find sexual intercourse painful, but think it is normal. Vaginal dryness and discomfort seem to be viewed as just a part of getting older and many just give up on ever finding relief. However, there is a treatment that getting lots of growing attention: it’s called the PRP vaginal injection. There is little to no pain or downtown associated with the procedure.
PRP VAGINAL INJECTION
The PRP (platelet-rich plasma) addresses and treats many of the sexual and bladder function problems that older women face. It involves injecting the female with growth factors from her own blood plasma in areas such as the clitoris and around the urethra. (High potency numbing cream is used so there is no pain) This stimulates the vagina and clitoris and tackles many of the concerns in menopausal and post-menopausal women.
- Relieves painful sexual intercourse.
- Increases clitoral sensitivity.
- Improves the skin texture of the vulva.
- Tightens the vagina opening for more pleasurable intercourse.
- Causes more intense and more frequent orgasms.
- Treats mild urinary incontinence.
- Vaginal dryness.
First thing is first, the patient’s blood will be drawn and spun down to retrieve the platelet-rich plasma and growth factors. These growth factors lead to healing, repair, and increased blood flow in the vaginal areas. The doctor will then apply a numbing cream to the areas being injected, typically the clitoris and areas inside the vaginal walls and around the urethra. That PRP is then injected into various areas of the vagina, depending on the needs and desired improvements of that specific patient.
The procedure itself only takes about 20-30 minutes. As stated earlier, there is no pain and no downtime and the patient can resume normal activity on the same day.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How soon will I experience results?
- Each person will respond differently. Some patients report an immediate improvement. For most patients, the growth factors usually take about 2-8 weeks to fully engage, and the maximum benefit is typically reached in 3-4 months.
How long is the treatment good for?
- While results vary, most women enjoy the benefits of a single injection procedure for up to 1 year. Some require a second injection to get the benefits
If I get the Vaginal Injection more often, will I have better results?
- Patients seeking the best results usually schedule a follow-up treatment 6-12 months after the initial injection. Annual injections are recommended to maximize and maintain benefits.
Am I a good candidate for the PRP injection?
- If you suffer from pain during or after sex, ineffective vaginal lubrication, difficulty achieving orgasm, or experience a leaky bladder/urinary incontinence, the Vaginal PRP Injection may be able to help you.