There are many different types of people when it comes to skincare. On one end of the spectrum, there are people who obsess about skincare while others do the bare minimum thinking it is no big deal. Well, the reality is it is most definitely a big deal. Your skin serves to protect our bodies from harmful elements every day. It is our largest organ. Creating a skincare routine based on your skin type is essential because it can help your skin do its job more efficiently. A good routine:
- Helps your skin stay in good condition. You’re shedding skin cells throughout the day, so it’s important to keep your skin glowing and in good condition. An effective routine can help prevent acne, treat wrinkles, and help keep your skin looking its best.
Will help your skin will look more youthful. As you age, your skin cells turn over more slowly, make it look duller and less radiant. Using a quality skincare line that is suited to your skin type can help remove those dead skin cells so your body will replace them with newer, more youthful cells.
- Helps with prevention which is easier than correction. Keeping up a routine and keeping your skin healthy is much easier and less costly than trying to fix a problem later in the future.
- It’s especially important to choose a quality skincare brand. Most people naturally go for cheaper products to get a nice deal and not break the bank. But in doing that you are at higher risk for infections, ineffective results, allergic reactions, and worsening problems by clogging pores, causing breakouts, etc.
- Our skin is the largest barrier against infection that we have, so proper skincare is very important. Keeping our skin healthy and moist helps keep this barrier strong. When the skin gets dry or irritated by harsh soaps, cracks in the skin occur. These cracks make a person more prone to infection.
A proper skincare routine should include the following steps/products.
- Cleanser. Choose a gentle cleanser suited for your skin type so it won’t strip the skin of its natural oils needed to protect the skin.
- Toner. Fortunately, toners these days are not harsh. This step is important for antioxidant and vitamin B.
- Antioxidant serum. In this step, you can use any serum you want to target a specific problem.
- Eye cream. It is important to apply an eye cream every night-if not twice a day-starting in your 20’s. It’s all about maintaining the health and thickness of the eyelid skin, so the skin does not lose its laxity and its smooth appearance later on.
- Spot treatment.
- Moisturizer. Yes, everyone needs a moisturizer, even if you have oily skin. Even though our body has its own natural lubrication system, an extra coat of hydration to protect us against the havoc that sun, weather, and harsh chemicals wreak on our skin.
- Sunscreen should be the last step to block UV rays and prevent cancer.
We only recommend Eminence Organic Handmade Skin Care and Elta MD sunscreen. Quality natural ingredients without harmful chemicals are our priority. For more information or a free consultation with our aesthetician Kory –please contact Premier Health and Wellness by visiting the site or by contacting the staff at (512) 459-4405.